With what I consider the 'fun months' finally in full swing, one thing I wanted to discuss with all of you is my philosophy about my skin, particularly my face since chances are you'll be showing a lot more skin when it heats up in these next coming months.
While I see many products promising clearer and smoother skin, many of these rely on concealing your blemishes, rather than solving the root problem and healing your face. One major problem women encounter is facial redness also known as persistent facial erythema of rosacea. Thankfully, Mirvaso® by Galderma Laboratories, L.P. is a topical cream used to treat persistent facial redness of rosacea. Although I normally prefer products that are all-natural and organic, there are still some skin issues that require other forms of treatment. Check out some good skincare tips below!
And lastly, Mirvaso is currently offering a contest where you can win a trip to the Emmys! Be sure to enter here for your chance to win!
Key Messages Provided By Galderma Laboratories, L.P.:
- What causes the redness of rosacea?
- Rosacea is a common, inflammatory skin condition
- It affects an estimated 16 million Americans
- More women have rosacea than men
- The most common symptom of rosacea is persistent facial redness
- 24% of rosacea sufferers say that redness was their first symptom of rosacea
- Dilated facial blood vessels increase blood flow to the skin and cause the face to look red
- Your facial redness can be treated
- Over 4 in 5 (82%) rosacea sufferers have used cosmetics to cover up redness
- Mirvaso® (brimonidine) Topical Gel, 0.33%* is the first and only gel specifically developed and proven to reduce the persistent facial redness of rosacea
- Covering up redness can be frustrating and costly
- 65% of rosacea sufferers wear makeup to work compared to only 35% of Americans who don't have rosacea
- Just over half of Americans (53%) wear makeup, compared to over 77% of rosacea sufferers
- 51% say they skip the dermatologist because they are worried about the cost of treatment, BUT...
- On average, rosacea sufferers spend $36 on a single non-prescription product that promises to hide or cover-up facial redness
- Has proven results that were reviewed by the FDA for safety and efficacy
- Depending on your insurance, prescription copays may be as low as $25 and go up from there
- See fast results with Mirvaso
- Mirvaso is an easy-to-use daily gel
- Results can be seen quickly
- Lasts up to 12 hours
Have you been covering up your facial redness instead of treating it? You are not alone.
Rosacea sufferers are more likely to be self-conscious and wear makeup more frequently
Important Safety Information
Indication: Mirvaso® (brimonidine) topical gel, 0.33% is an alpha adrenergic agonist indicated for the topical treatment of persistent (nontransient) facial erythema of rosacea in adults 18 years of age or older. Adverse Events: In clinical trials, the most common adverse reactions (≥1%) included erythema, flushing, skin burning sensation and contact dermatitis.Warnings/Precautions: Mirvaso Gel should be used with caution in patients with depression, cerebral or coronary insufficiency, Raynaud's phenomenon, orthostatic hypotension, thromboangiitis obliterans, scleroderma, or Sjögren’s syndrome. Alpha-2 adrenergic agents can lower blood pressure. Mirvaso Gel should be used with caution in patients with severe or unstable or uncontrolled cardiovascular disease. Serious adverse reactions following accidental ingestion of Mirvaso Gel by children have been reported. Keep Mirvaso Gel out of reach of children. Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.